- Monday, September 16, 2019
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
LocationLucky Lab - Quimby
Location: We're back at Lucky Lab on NW Quimby!
In Portland's tight labor market, it’s vital to retain the top talent you’ve fought hard to attract and acquire. Though many companies lose good employees to gimmicks and greener pastures, the smart companies use coaching to keep high performers engaged, supported, and motivated.
Leo MacLeod, coach, trainer and pie maker (yes, that kind of pie), will demonstrate in only 20 minutes two tools he uses to establish trust and help people gain clarity so they can solve their own problems—whether they need to set goals, resolve conflicts, or reduce their stress.
Regardless of your business, company and position, this workshop will give you practical tools that will help you at work the next day.
Leo MacLeod, owner of Training. Coaching. Pie., has been helping firms with leadership transition for eighteen years, with a focus on developing the next generation of leaders. He runs the Emerging Leader Program and writes the “Learning to Lead” column for the Daily Journal of Commerce. He speaks nationally on leadership development and emotional intelligence, and provides counsel for ATD Cascadia.
All attendees will be eligible to win a free one-on-one coaching session with Leo.
- Check in begins at 6 pm.
- Program begins at 6:15 pm.
- Fruit and veggie platters along with sandwich fixings and salad will be provided.
- Beverages available for purchase.
Our Chapter Meetings are a great opportunity to connect with talent development colleagues from across the area as well as to learn something new as each meeting focuses on a different topic related to our profession. Meetings take place the place the third Monday of each month (except December) and are open to members and non-members alike. Your registration includes a light dinner, the program, and all the connecting you can do!
- - - - - - - - -
Additional Registration Details
- Public and Free Parking: Thanks to our good friends at XPO Logistics, we have great parking right near the Lucky Lab. Please click here to view a map of free parking at XPO Logistics.
- Online registration available until noon the day of the event. Registration available at the door for the same price.
- Discounted registration is available for our partner organizations (ICF, NSA, ODN, SHRM).
- Multiple registrations? Contact the office at 503-579-1552 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full stamp card? Email email@example.com and request a code to redeem online.
- Need a refund? Send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week before the event. No refunds or credits for future events given after that time.
ATD Competency Model™
This program aligns with the following components:
- Performance Improvement
CPLP (estimated 1 hour)
CPLPs earn one recertification point/credit for each physical hour of continuing education within one’s current role/job or involving a new experience or content. You will need to keep records of the event and prepare any required paperwork. Visit the CPLP webpage for complete information.
HRCI and SHRM
This program may be eligible for self-certification for HRCI and SHRM recertification credits. You will need to keep records of the event and prepare any required paperwork. Visit the HRCI recertification webpage or the SHRM recertification webpage for more information.