Ready to upskill your learning and development competencies? Looking for a way to add value to your organization? The ATD-Cascadia Fundamentals of Training course is a perfect fit for your needs! Fundamentals of Training provides you with an interactive learning experience addressing the core elements of the ADDIE Instructional Design Model. Facilitated by local industry experts, this course blends the foundational tenets of instructional design with current best practices for training delivery and facilitation.
This course is perfect for:
New and aspiring instructional designers and trainers
Professionals who are looking to expand their skill set
Professionals who train others as a part of their job description
1a. Needs Assessment - 8:30am - 10:00am, Tuesday, April 11th
- Explore a process for determining whether or not training is part of the solution
- Learn methods for information-gathering and communicating needs assessment results
1b. Learner Analysis - 10:15am - 12:00pm Tuesday, April 11th
- Learner Analysis Principles and Processes
- Integrating Learner Analysis into Design and Development
2a. Course Design Part 1 (Course Development Process and Task Analysis) - 8:30 - 10 am Wednesday, April 12th
- Course Development Process
- Task Analysis
2b. Course Design Part 2 (Learning Objectives) - 10:30 - 12 pm Wednesday, April 12th
3. Training Methodologies & Strategies - 8:30am - 12:00pm, Thursday, April 13
- Training Methods
- Dale’s Cone of Experience
- Connecting Training Methodology to Learning Objectives
4a. Virtual Facilitation Skills - 8:30am - 10:15 am, Friday, April 14
- Guidelines for Effective Facilitation
- Practice with Virtual Tools
4b. Presentation Skills - 10:30am - 12:00pm, Friday, April 14
- Seven step process to prepare a presentation
- Practice with presenting
Our Instructors - Click HERE for the biographies of our instructors.
- Sessions are held virtually over Zoom. Links to the Zoom meeting are sent prior to each session.
- Because our sessions use all of the interactivity tools available from Zoom, joining the training from a desktop or laptop computer is strongly recommended.
- Enrollment is limited to 30 participants.
ATD Cascadia is committed to providing universal access to all of our participants and will make reasonable efforts to accommodate requests. Please contact Linda at 503-579-1552 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodations. Advance notice is necessary to arrange for some accessibility needs.
Early bird registration ends March 31, 2023
Online registration is available until April 9. 2023
Discounted registration is available for our partner organizations (ICF, NSA, ODN, SHRM only).
Contact the ATD office at 503-579-1552 or Adminassistant@tdcascadia.org for assistance with any of the following:
Refunds (available only until April 1)
Substitutions (allowed at any time; price adjustment for nonmembers)
Partial registration (We highly recommend taking all four sessions; however, if you are looking for a refresher, need to make up a session or can only attend one, partial registration may be allowed).
CPTD (estimated 12 hours)
CPTDs earn one recertification point/credit for each physical hour of continuing education within one’s current role/job or involving a new experience or content. You will need to keep records of the event and prepare any paperwork required by National ATD. Visit the CPTD Website for complete information.
HRCI and SHRM
This program may be eligible for self-certification for HRCI and SHRM recertifications credits. You will need to keep records of the event and prepare any paperwork required by either HRCI and SHRM. Visit either site at HRCI website or SHRM website for more information.
ATD Capability Model
The ATD Capability Model outlines what practitioners need to know and do to development themselves, others, and their organizations. Participants in the Fundamentals of Training course complete a free self-assessment and learn how to build a custom learning plan for ongoing professional professional development. For more information about the ATD Capability Model, please visit this website.
This course develops Professional Capability in the following areas: