- Monday, April 8, 2019
9:00 am - 11:00 am
LocationState of Oregon Office Building
Anyone with responsibility for or interest in expanding their diversity horizons.
Are you looking for an affordable, interactive way to deliver diversity training? In this session, we will experience the award winning, interactive diversity awareness program that is earning raves from both participants and facilitators.
Diversity Works is designed to get you up out of your seat and into station-based activities catered to distinct learning preferences and interaction types. Part experiential, part social, and part emotional, Diversity Works leverages the science of learning to create opportunities for conversations that matter.
Presented by Jillian Douglas of Idea Learning, this is not a sales pitch but rather an opportunity to try a tool that has been purchased by NASA’s Kennedy Space Center, Toyota Manufacturing, and the State of Oregon Employment Department.
Check out these links to learn more:
- Great video overview of the learning methodology used: https://cafeterialearning.com/
- An overview of Diversity Works: https://cafeterialearning.com/diversityworks
“It’s both showing diversity and the fact that in a ton of ways we’re the same. It was interesting that the learning was driven by what we were saying to each other in the moment rather than from what we’re hearing in a rote presentation.” – Participant
“Of all the things I have done around diversity, this is the thing my team liked the best. They really, really liked it. I’ll be leading another session soon.” - Eddie Gerlach- Toyota Manufacturing
“We have just finished our workshop and I felt compelled to call you to tell you that it was an incredible experience. The workshop was very well thought out. Everyone wanted to keep going and wished the workshop didn’t have to end.” - John Finch- Chandler School
Additional customers include:
- City of Gresham
- Costco Wholesale
- Daimler Trucks North America
- Lewis & Clark College
- New Orleans Public Library (LA)
- Oregon Employment Department
- Oregon Lottery
- US Army
- Toyota Manufacturing
- NASA Kennedy Space Center
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe what makes you the unique individual you are.
- Recognize what makes others the unique individuals they are.
- Consider differences and act respectfully.
Idea Learning Group
Jillian Douglas is co-founder and chief learning officer of Idea Learning, a women-owned, creative learning firm that designs custom engaging learning experiences for businesses to educate and communicate with their employees.
- - - - - - - - - -
- Sessions will be held in meeting room 1-B on the first floor.
- Check in at 8:30 am.
- Parking is available in the parking lot or on the street for a fee. View transportation options.
- Limited to 30 participants.
- To receive a refund, a written request must be received in the Chapter office by the end of the early bird rate time. No refunds or credits for future events given after that time. Substitutions allowed at any time (with price adjustment for nonmembers).
- Prices go up after online registration is closed and at the door.
- If you have multiple registrations, we can handle that for you in one transaction. Contact the ATD Cascadia office at 503-579-1552 or email@example.com.
- - - - - - - - - -
CPLP Recertification Credit
CPLPs earn one recertification point/credit for each physical hour of continuing education within one’s current role/job or involving a new experience or content. You will need to keep records of the event and prepare any paperwork required by National ATD. Visit the CPLP Website for complete information.
The Chapter estimates 2 recertification hours for this workshop.
- - - - - - - - -
HRCI and SHRM Recertification Credit
This program may be eligible for self-certification for HRSCI and SHRM recertifications credits. You will need to keep records of the event and prepare any paperwork required by either HRCI and SHRM. Visit either website at HRCI website. SHRM website.
- - - - - - - - -
Alignment with National ATD's Competency Model™
Areas of Expertise
Areas in BOLD will be addressed in this presentation.
- Performance Improvement
- Instructional Design
- Learning Delivery
- Learning Technologies
- Evaluating Learning Impact
- Managing Learning Programs
- Integrated Talent Management
- Knowledge Management
- Change Management