- Friday, April 24, 2020
8:30 am - 11:30 am
LocationState of Oregon Office Building
3/16/20 - Ongoing Monitoring for deciding postponements. Please stay tuned.
Talent development professionals who are interested in exploring how to become more productive and more engaged by consistently and intentionally leveraging their natural talents.
Do you have a deep understanding of your natural talents and how to use them? Research from Gallup has shown that when we know how to focus our talents, we are three times as likely to report having an excellent quality of life and six times as likely to be engaged in our work. The StrengthsFinder (aka CliftonStrengths) assessment will reveal your natural talents, which is the first step in discovering how to turn them into Strengths.
In this workshop, you’ll work with an experienced Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach to explore how you can become more intentional in applying your Strengths to your work as a talent development professional. You’ll also examine how to approach your work (and your life) in ways that are the most motivating to you. You’ll leave the workshop with tools and activities that will help you continue on the journey to consistently focus and leverage your Strengths.
Please note that you will need to complete the StrengthsFinder assessment by Friday, April 17th. After you register for the workshop, Marla Turner will reach out to you with instructions for taking the assessment. If you have already taken StrengthsFinder, you may not need to take it again. Marla will consult with you if this is the case.
During this workshop, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Identify your unique talents and describe how they show up in the work you do
- Recognize how your Strengths align to ATD’s new Talent Development Capability Model
- Determine how you can begin to intentionally leverage your Strengths every day
Any Required or Suggested Pre-work for Participants
After registering for the workshop, participants will receive an email from Marla containing instructions for completing the StrengthsFinder assessment. The assessment must be completed by Friday, April 17th.
Takeaways for Participants
- Each participant will receive a folder containing all handouts, activities, and their StrengthsFinder assessment results.
About the Speaker:
Senior Learning and Development Consultant
Marla Turner is a Senior Learning and Development Consultant for Umpqua Bank, where she previously served as the Leadership Development Officer. She is a seasoned facilitator, instructional designer, and consultant to business line leaders and executives. She also has an MA in English literature and has taught at the university level. As a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach, Marla has worked with hundreds of people to help them discover and apply their talents. Marla’s top 5 Strengths are Strategic, Learner, Relator, Self-Assurance, and Activator.
Check In Details
- Workshop is in Room 1A.
- Check in at 8 am.
- Limited to 25 participants.
- - - - - - - - -
- Public parking is available in the Lloyd Center area and in the lot just behind the building for a fee. View transportation options.
- Online registration is available until noon on April 17, 2020. Pre-registration is required. There is no registration available at the door.
- Discounted registration is available for our partner organizations (ICF, NSA, ODN, SHRM only).
- Prices go up after the early bird date.
- Multiple registrations? Contact the office at 503-579-1552 or email@example.com.
- Full stamp card? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a code to redeem online.
- To receive a refund, a written request must be received in the Chapter office by the early bird deadline. No refunds or credits for future events given after that time. Substitutions allowed at any time (with price adjustment for nonmembers).
ATD Competency Model™
The workshop will give participants greater insight into HOW they will approach the competencies as well as which competencies they will be most naturally drawn to and motivated by.
- Performance Improvement
- Instructional Design
- Training Delivery
- Learning Technologies
- Evaluating Learning Impact
- Managing Learning Programs
- Integrated Talent Management
- Knowledge Management
- Change Management
CPLP (estimated 3 hours)
CPLPs earn one recertification point/credit for each physical hour of continuing education within one’s current role/job or involving a new experience or content. You will need to keep records of the event and prepare any paperwork required by National ATD. Visit the CPLP Website for complete information.
HRCI and SHRM
This program may be eligible for self-certification for HRCI and SHRM recertifications credits. You will need to keep records of the event and prepare any paperwork required by either HRCI and SHRM. Visit either site at HRCI website or SHRM website for more information.