Volunteer with the ChapterContact us today if you're interested in volunteering! Volunteers must be current chapter members.
Our members will tell you that the more involved they get with the Chapter the more they get out of their membership. If you are looking to increase your networking opportunities, polish a skill or develop new skills, you're in the right place!
As a nonprofit organization our volunteers not only make a difference they make everything we do possible! Please consider using some of your valuable time to help the organization that helps your profession. It's a worthwhile investment.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Invest in your local talent development community
- Learn about the current issues facing the industry
- Contribute to the success of your local ATD Chapter
- Expand your network of professional contacts
- Develop new skills and leadership abilities
- Celebrate your success
General Chapter Volunteer Needs
- Conference (plan annual conference)
- Chapter Events (select speakers and topics, hand out name tags, etc.)
- Virtual Events (select speakers and topics, manage technology)
- Behind the Scenes
- Other programs
- Professional Development
- SIGs and GIGs
- Fundamentals of Training
- Other programs
- Membership (help the Chapter provide great value to our members)
- Volunteer recruitment and management
- Member engagement
- Content for member meetings
- Marketing (research new markets and strategies, online marketing, social media)
- Technology (website, email, chapter technology)
- Ad Hoc (internal financial review, board nominations, others as developed)
Specific Chapter Volunteer Needs (as of April 2019)
- Chapter Events: select speakers, contact speakers, event set up and check in, marketing, coordinating space.
NEW! Get in front of our members and other talent development professionals through speaking opportunities. We have an online form where you can submit information on presentations. Click here for more information.