- Friday, June 7, 2019
8:30 am - 11:00 am
LocationState of Oregon Office Building
- Anyone in a leadership position seeking to disrupt and transform top-down norms and approaches
- Training team members who seek to integrate servant leadership principles within their programs
- Any individual who will benefit from applying new approaches to personal leadership
People lead best by serving first. This Servant Leadership principle is recognized as one of the best ways to unlock performance in today’s organizations.
Learn how to design, build, launch and evaluate your own effective servant leadership curriculum in this hands-on workshop. John Hester, a director with The Ken Blanchard Companies, draws on research and vast experience designing training courses for clients worldwide.
Come prepared to ask questions, explore options, and get help creating your own Servant Leadership program.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key components of a comprehensive program. Hester will share research on the attitudes, skills, and behaviors most associated with an others-focused approach to leadership.
- Evaluate current gaps in existing training. A comprehensive curriculum includes self-awareness, listening, coaching, and performance management components. Hester will show you how to audit your current classes and identify gaps.
- Utilize effective design principles. An effective curriculum includes asynchronous and virtual training components as well as face-to-face components for interpersonal skills. Hester will share how to match technology to content and how to create engaging learning experiences across all modalities.
- Attendees will receive a handout depicting selected principles of servant leadership.
Director, North America Consulting Partners
The Ken Blanchard Companies
John Hester, a Senior Consulting Partner for the Ken Blanchard Companies®, uses an engaging facilitation style to create an effective and positive experience for workshop attendees. He focuses on the practical application of the various tools, skills, and models in both individual and organization settings. John’s mission is to contribute to the growth and development of others through teaching, writing, and serving.
Prior to coming to The Ken Blanchard Companies, John was a director of learning and development for Nike, where he successfully implemented Situational Leadership II® and Situational Self Leadership. John has served in numerous senior leadership roles, mostly in the IT field. He’s also authored several articles on leadership and self leadership.
John holds a master’s degree in adult education from Oregon State University, and a bachelor’s degree in business information management from Brigham Young University-Hawaii, and is currently enrolled in a doctoral program at George Fox University.
- - - - - - - - - -
- Workshop will be held in Room 1A.
- Check in at 8 am.
- Parking is available in the parking lot or on the street for a fee. View transportation options.
- Limited to 80 participants.
- Online registration is available until noon on June 6, 2019. Registration may be available at the door if space allows.
- Registration is available for our partner organizations.
- To receive a refund, a written request must be received in the Chapter office by the early bird deadline. No refunds or credits for future events given after that time. Substitutions allowed at any time (with price adjustment for nonmembers).
- Prices go up after online registration is closed and at the door.
- If you have multiple registrations, we can handle that for you in one transaction. Contact the ATD Cascadia office at 503-579-1552 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have a full stamp card? To redeem your stamp card, please use the ATD Cascadia online "Contact The Chapter" email form to request an online registration code.
- - - - - - - - - -
CPLP Recertification Credit
CPLPs earn one recertification point/credit for each physical hour of continuing education within one’s current role/job or involving a new experience or content. You will need to keep records of the event and prepare any paperwork required by National ATD. Visit the CPLP Website for complete information.
The Chapter estimates 2.5 recertification hours for this workshop.
- - - - - - - - -
HRCI and SHRM Recertification Credit
This program may be eligible for self-certification for HRSCI and SHRM recertifications credits. You will need to keep records of the event and prepare any paperwork required by either HRCI and SHRM. Visit either site at HRCI website or SHRM website.
- - - - - - - - -
Alignment with National ATD's Competency Model™
Areas of Expertise
Areas in BOLD will be addressed in this presentation.
- Performance Improvement
- Instructional Design
- Learning Delivery
- Learning Technologies
- Evaluating Learning Impact
- Managing Learning Programs
- Integrated Talent Management
- Knowledge Management
- Change Management