- Friday, June 7, 2019
8:30 am - 11:00 am
LocationState of Oregon Office Building
People lead best by serving first. This Servant Leadership principle is recognized as one of the best ways to unlock performance in today’s organizations.
Learn how to design, build, launch and evaluate your own effective servant leadership curriculum in this hands-on workshop. John Hester, a director with The Ken Blanchard Companies, draws on research and vast experience designing training courses for clients worldwide.
Come prepared to ask questions, explore options, and get help creating your own Servant Leadership program.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key components of a comprehensive program. Hester will share research on the attitudes, skills, and behaviors most associated with an others-focused approach to leadership.
- Evaluate current gaps in existing training. A comprehensive curriculum includes self-awareness, listening, coaching, and performance management components. Hester will show you how to audit your current classes and identify gaps.
- Utilize effective design principles. An effective curriculum includes asynchronous and virtual training components as well as face-to-face components for interpersonal skills. Hester will share how to match technology to content and how to create engaging learning experiences across all modalities.
Director, North America Consulting Partners
The Ken Blanchard Companies
John Hester, a Senior Consulting Partner for the Ken Blanchard Companies®, uses an engaging facilitation style to create an effective and positive experience for workshop attendees. He focuses on the practical application of the various tools, skills, and models in both individual and organization settings. John’s mission is to contribute to the growth and development of others through teaching, writing, and serving.
Prior to coming to The Ken Blanchard Companies, John was a director of learning and development for Nike, where he successfully implemented Situational Leadership II® and Situational Self Leadership. John has served in numerous senior leadership roles, mostly in the IT field. He’s also authored several articles on leadership and self leadership.
John holds a master’s degree in adult education from Oregon State University, and a bachelor’s degree in business information management from Brigham Young University-Hawaii, and is currently enrolled in a doctoral program at George Fox University.
Check In Details
- Workshop is in Room 1D.
- Check in at 8 am.
- Program starts at 8:30 am.
- Limited to 80 participants.
- - - - - - - - -
- Public parking is available in the Lloyd Center area and in the lot just behind the building for a fee. View transportation options.
- Online registration is available until noon on June 6, 2019. Registration available at the door if space allows.
- Discounted registration is available for our partner organizations (ICF, NSA, ODN, SHRM only).
- Prices go up after the early bird date and at the door.
- Multiple registrations? Contact the office at 503-579-1552 or email@example.com.
- Full stamp card? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a code to redeem online.
- Need a refund? Send an email to email@example.com by the early bird deadline. No refunds or credits for future events given after that time. Substitutions allowed at any time (with price adjustment for nonmembers).
ATD Competency Model™
This program aligns with the following components:
(1) Performance Improvement
(6) Managing Learning Programs
(10) Change Management
CPLP (estimated 2.5 hours)
CPLPs earn one recertification point/credit for each physical hour of continuing education within one’s current role/job or involving a new experience or content. You will need to keep records of the event and prepare any paperwork required by National ATD. Visit the CPLP Website for complete information.
HRCI and SHRM
This program may be eligible for self-certification for HRCI and SHRM recertifications credits. You will need to keep records of the event and prepare any paperwork required by either HRCI and SHRM. Visit either site at HRCI website or SHRM website for more information.