- Thursday, February 14, 2019 - Friday, February 15, 2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
LocationHoliday Inn Express
Fundamentals of Training provides students a rich learning experience addressing the core elements of the ADDIE model. Each session is 3 hours in length and is facilitated by a highly skilled instructor for that specific session.
All sessions are geared towards those new to the talent development field or for those who need an overview of these topics.
Needs Assessment (first morning, 8:30 am - Noon)
- Introduce participants to the Training Needs Assessment (TNA) process
- Outline the importance of the TNA in developing training interventions to improve organization performance.
- Participants will engage in activities to share their knowledge in order to understand typical resistance to the needs process and to gain insights on various TNA data collection methods.
Course Design (first afternoon, 1 - 4:30 pm)
- Instructional design models
- Learning objectives
- How to sequence material
- Instructional design issues related to distance learning delivery methods
- Course evaluation principles
- Four levels of training evaluation
Training Methodologies (second morning, 8:30 am - noon)
- Explore the when, why and how of 14 key training methods
- Use Dale's Cone of Experience to increase learning retention
- Utilize a variety of creative approaches to maximize learning
- Match training methods to learning objectives
- Apply advanced facilitation skills (experiential learning) to make learning more engaging
Presentation Skills (second afternoon, 1 - 4:30 pm)
- Techniques that improve presentation skills
- When and how to use visuals to increase your effectiveness
- How to elicit involvement/interaction from participants
- How to manage challenging participants
- How to effectively field questions from participants
Jennifer Webster, PhD, is the principal of Business Strategies, Inc., and provides consulting services in the areas of strategic planning, facilitation, team and leadership development, process analysis, and curriculum development. She provides services in both the private and public sector. Her range of clients includes; Sprint Corporation, PacifiCorp, IBM, Mentor Graphics, Goodwill, Department of Human Services, Oregon State Legislature, Oregon Department of Revenue, and the Tuality Healthcare. She also teaches at Oregon State University and Portland State University in their graduate schools of education. She moved to Oregon nine years ago from Kansas City where Sprint Corporation employed her as an educational consultant.
Lenny has been involved in training and development since the 1970s. He specializes in training, facilitation and custom programs.
Lenny has a MA in Counseling Psychology from the University of Oregon and a BS in Psychology from the University of California, Los Angeles. He holds multiple certification including: Blessing/White Certification in Helping Others Succeed, Blessing/White Certification in Managing Personal Growth, He is also a certified provider for the DISC system.
Dan Vetter, CPLP
Dan has over 30 years experience in training design and delivery. For 12, years, he worked inside a Fortune 500 company facilitating workshops for thousands of participants on topics including: leadership, communication, business presentations, customer service, teamwork, process improvement, and quality.
In 1994 Dan founded VETTER SOLUTIONS with the motto: Organizations run better with VETTER. After two decades of designing and delivering LIVE training sessions, during the last 10 years, the company has focused on designing and developing custom e-learning courses for a variety of corporate, public and non-profit clients.
Throughout his career Dan has been actively involved with ATD in building the skills of training professionals. He was the 2003 President for the ATD Cascadia Chapter in Portland, Oregon. In addition to running his e-learning design company, he serves as an adjust faculty for Portland State University where he teaches instructional design.
Idea Learning Group
Jillian Douglas is co-founder and chief learning officer of Idea Learning Group, a women-owned, creative learning firm that designs custom engaging learning experiences for businesses to educate and communicate with their employees.
- - - - - - - - - -
- Sessions will be held in the meeting room on the first floor.
- Check in at 8 am.
- Sessions start at 8:30 and go to 4:30 pm with an hour for lunch.
- Parking is available for free in the parking lot. View transportation options.
- Basic coffee service available in the morning.
- On your own for lunch. Multiple and various food sources available within walking distance. Two specialty coffee shops within a block.
- Limited to 40 participants.
- To receive a refund, a written request must be received in the Chapter office by the end of the early bird rate time. No refunds or credits for future events given after that time. Substitutions allowed at any time (with price adjustment for nonmembers).
- Prices go up after online registration is closed and at the door.
- If you have multiple registrations, we can handle that for you in one transaction. Contact the ATD Cascadia office at 503-579-1552 or email@example.com.
- - - - - - - - - -
CPLP Recertification Credit
CPLPs earn one recertification point/credit for each physical hour of continuing education within one’s current role/job or involving a new experience or content. You will need to keep records of the event and prepare any paperwork required by National ATD. Visit the CPLP Website for complete information.
The Chapter estimates 12 recertification hours for this workshop.
- - - - - - - - -
HRCI and SHRM Recertification Credit
This program may be eligible for self-certification for HRSCI and SHRM recertifications credits. You will need to keep records of the event and prepare any paperwork required by either HRCI and SHRM. Visit either website at HRCI website. SHRM website.
- - - - - - - - -
Alignment with National ATD's Competency Model™
Areas of Expertise
Areas in BOLD will be addressed in this presentation.
- Performance Improvement
- Instructional Design
- Learning Delivery
- Learning Technologies
- Evaluating Learning Impact
- Managing Learning Programs
- Integrated Talent Management
- Knowledge Management
- Change Management
Venue: Holiday Inn Express
Venue Phone: 503-484-1100