- Thursday, September 26, 2019
8:30 am - 11:30 am
LocationState of Oregon Office Building
Strategies for Learning Leaders and Designers
Everyone’s talking about digital transformation. Organizations across all verticals are evaluating “digital solutions” that claim to enable a richer learning experience, reduced paper waste, faster processing times, and ultimately a healthier bottom line if you are a for-profit enterprise. An accepted definition of digital transformation is “the conversion of business activities, processes, competencies, and models to fully leverage the changes in and opportunities of digital technologies.”
But what does this mean for talent development and instructional design? As learning leaders, how should we be thinking about big data, employee engagement, velocity, and innovation? And what are the disrupting digital trends confronting facilitators and instructional designers?
During this workshop, D.J. Netz will share trends, strategies, and techniques to assist you as you help plan your organization’s digital transformation strategy. Along the way, you’ll get to work through a strategy map to develop assessment questions for your organization. You’ll also get to see some great examples of learning experiences that challenge your stakeholders to take ownership of their development to stay relevant in an agile and digital environment.
During this workshop, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Explore developments within the learning technology landscape
- Consider implications for big data, user experience design, and agile frameworks on your talent development strategies
- Discuss new perspectives for instructional design
- Develop assessment questions to examine your organization’s progress along the digital transformation
- Identify actions to develop a digital transformation strategy
About the Speaker
Senior Instructional Designer
D.J. Netz is a senior instructional designer for GP Strategies. For thirty years, D.J. has conducted needs analysis and consultation for mid-size and large organizations, crafting solutions that balance technology with scalability. Along the way, he has developed innovative and popular courses for critical thinking, leadership, and sales training in classroom and online environments.
He is a two-time Brandon Hall award winner and has served organizations such as General Electric, Gulfstream, Comcast, Sony PlayStation, Facebook, SAP, and Intel. He teaches courses on corporate training at Portland State University, and he is the past president of the ATD-Cascadia Chapter. D.J. has a Master’s degree in adult education, and he has been certified in Six Sigma problem solving by the American Society for Quality.
Check In Details
- Workshop is in Room 1D.
- Check in at 8 am.
- Program starts at 8:30 am.
- Limited to 80 participants.
- - - - - - - - -
- Public parking is available in the Lloyd Center area and in the lot just behind the building for a fee. View transportation options.
- Online registration is available until noon on September 25, 2019. Registration available at the door if space allows.
- Discounted registration is available for our partner organizations (ICF, NSA, ODN, SHRM only).
- Prices go up after the early bird date and at the door.
- Multiple registrations? Contact the office at 503-579-1552 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full stamp card? Email email@example.com and request a code to redeem online.
- Need a refund? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the early bird deadline. No refunds or credits for future events given after that time. Substitutions allowed at any time (with price adjustment for nonmembers).
ATD Competency Model™
This program aligns with the following components:
(4) Learning Technologies
(6) Managing Learning Programs
(7) Integrated Talent Management
(10) Change Management
CPLP (estimated 3 hours)
CPLPs earn one recertification point/credit for each physical hour of continuing education within one’s current role/job or involving a new experience or content. You will need to keep records of the event and prepare any paperwork required by National ATD. Visit the CPLP Website for complete information.
HRCI and SHRM
This program may be eligible for self-certification for HRCI and SHRM recertifications credits. You will need to keep records of the event and prepare any paperwork required by either HRCI and SHRM. Visit either site at HRCI website or SHRM website for more information.