Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) and Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD)
You Have What It Takes. Prove It With a CPLP or APTD certification!
The Certified Professional in Learning and Performance Certification (CPLP) is a nationally recognized certification developed by the Association for Talent Development's (ATD) Certification Institute (CI). This designation provides a way for talent development professionals to prove their value to employers and to build confidence in and industry recognition of their knowledge and expertise in the field.
The APTD certification is another professional certification offered by ATD's CI. This certification is designed for talent development professionals who are in the early part of their career.
About CPLP and APTD
These two certifications are the only credentials used by the U.S. Department of Labor to recognize professional achievement and expert-level skill sets in the talent development industry.
Earning the certifications requires passing an eligibility requirement and exams. The exams are based on the competencies identified in the ATD Competency Model.
To learn more about these certifications and what they can for you and your organization, visit the CPLP website.
Click here to view a video with local CPLPs/APTDs about the certification process.
- Read this helpful article: 9 Tips for Earning Your CPLP.
- Check out the CPLP Candidate Interactive Guide.
- Register for the CPLP.
- See if tutoring is right for you: Owl’s Ledge offers CPLP support and is highly recommended.
Congrats to CPLPs in Our Area (Oregon and SW Washington)!
- Lori Akerley, Regence
- Dan Bilderback, SELCO Community Credit Union
- Allison Brown
- Stephanie Chen, Farmers Insurance
- Noor Delaughn, PSU
- Michelle Drager, Columbia Bank
- Susan Edwards, Advanced Performance Associates
- Gary Ewer, Pratt Electrical Supply
- Scott Grant, Springbook Software
- Ralph Hall, Columbia Ultimate
- Joy Harrison
- Anna Heinrich
- Hillarie Hunt, NWEA
- Margaret Jennings, Kaiser Permenente
- Christine Jones
- Candace Kramer, Apply Learning
- Lucas McQuillan, Datalogic
- Kerri Nussbaum
- Mellani Ocampo, SELCO Credit Union
- Karen Pearson, US Bank
- Dana Pratt, SPHR, New Seasons Market
- Kristin Quandt, Quandtum
- Stephanie Sarver
- Susan Shogren
- Lynn Stephan, Microchip Technology
- Joy Turtola
- Dan Vetter, Vetter Solutions
- Richard Watson, MBA
- Jennifer Webster, Business Strategies
- Amy Westfall, Westfall Learning
- Maureen Winningham, McAfee
- Janet Wright, Cambia Health
- Daniel York, Carson Oil
Congrats to APTDs in our area!
- Christina Barnes
- Kristin Gebhart
- Daniel McGinnis