One of our members, Jillian Douglas, and her company, Idea Learning Group has been named to the Portland Business Journal’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies. This accolade will be celebrated June 12 at the Portland Hilton.
Idea Learning Group has been active in the chapter, providing workshops at our conference and for learning events.
Idea Learning Group was formed in 2009 by Jillian Douglas and Shannon McKenzie and is dedicated to transforming workplace learning through the creation of custom learning experiences for both soft skills and technical content. Jillian and Shannon share a passion for improving how people learn. After working together for years in the retail and healthcare industries, Jillian and Shannon realized they have the same work ethic and would make ideal business partners. Shannon’s technical and business operations knowledge complement Jillian’s creativity and training background perfectly.
With their insights about human behavior and business efficiencies, they started the company with the desire to offer clients exceptional service in alignment with the Idea Learning Group mission and values.
They launched Idea Learning Group in early 2009 with three goals in mind:
- Focus on improving the way adults learn in the workplace with more experience-based learning opportunities.
Create custom learning materials to increase audience engagement and make the experience of learning more meaningful.
Serve as an external resource for businesses that either lack training departments or whose training teams need additional resources.
Making the most of client investments so that employees stay engaged and well prepared on the job are the main priorities at Idea Learning Group. As the business has grown, the programs they build for clients have become more dynamic, reflecting the diverse skills, strengths, and interests of everyone who partners or works with Idea Learning Group.
Here are some more tidbits about Idea Learning Group:
- Active member of ASTD-Cascadia Chapter.
- Provide diverse solutions including: eLearning, classroom, blended, video, motion graphics
- Serve clients in the following fields: Insurance, Financial Services, Government, Retail, Hospitality, Energy, Technology, Healthcare
- Host the popular and free Collaborative Learning Network every other month. Check out their LinkedIn group for details.
- To make the fastest growing private 100 companies list, firms must have experienced revenue growth over the last three years, with at least $250,000 in revenue the first year.
- And, they are hiring! Check out current positions here.
This is a singular honor and we are unaware of any other ASTD-Cascadia member company that has been so honored.
Congrats to Idea Learning Group![wpsocialite]