November 8, 2018 - Sheraton Airport, Portland, Oregon
The Shape of Learning
What does "learning" look like?
We all know that Talent Development is not limited to the classroom. While technology has expanded the options and modalities for sharing information, most learning occurs outside of formal instruction.
This year's conference is an opportunity to explore solutions and share best practices for leveraging innovative methods and models to support learning and organizational development. We'll be modeling a wide variety of delivery systems and conversational interactions.
- Leveraging coaching and social learning to support development
- Connecting with adult learners in the traditional and virtual classroom
- Effectively using games, gamification, mobile technologies, and AR/VR
- Tackling implicit bias in the classroom and the boardroom
- Supporting the next generation of TD professionals
- Implementing Communities of Practice to support professional development
Serilda Summers-McGee, Director of the Bureau of Human Resources for the City of Portland, Oregon, is our Featured Speaker. Serilda is also the owner of Workplace Change, LLC, a company that exists to help organizations assess their workplace culture, creatively resolve identified workplace challenges, recruit underrepresented executives and staff, and retain high quality employees in an inclusive, positive, and high functioning work environment. She has written a book, Change the Workgame: Building and Sustaining a Diverse Workforce, which instructs readers on the best and worst practices of recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce using case studies from Serilda’s consulting experiences.
Exhibit at the Conference!
This year, we are mixing things up. We'll have a dedicated time for visiting with sponsors and exhibitors, lots of giveaways and fun visuals.
If interested in being a sponsor or exhibitor, visit our Sponsors and Exhibitors page.